Englewood Real Estate
Home to over 27,000 residents, the city of Englewood is a vibrant community with a perfect blend of old-world charm and modern city’s delight. Historical accounts say that Englewood got its name from the phrase “English neighbourhood” back when it had one of New Jersey’s first English-speaking communities. Englewood also served as the location of socialist and author Upton Sinclair’s experimental community.
Today, the city of Englewood compliments its rich cultural narratives by transforming into a growing community of peaceful neighbourhoods. The city has a total of 9, 273 households or 6,481 families. The population has a perfect mix of different races including Asian, White, Hispanic, Native American, and African American among others. Englewood is included in New Jersey’s 37th legislative district.
- Estimated median household income: $69,968 (as of 2009)
- Mean prices of housing units: $587,721
- Mean prices of detached houses: $654,319
- Mean prices of attached houses: $574,755
- Mean prices of 2-unit properties: $365,484
- Mean prices of 3-unit properties: $439,801
- Mean prices of mobile homes: $349,949
- Median gross rent: $1,109 (as of 2009)
Tourist landmarks in Englewood include:
Bergen Performing Arts Centre
Flat Rock Brook Nature Centre
Crystal Lake Park
Borghi Fine Art